Friday, April 23, 2010

RennThai, Clark Quay

Bernice and I dropped by RennThai for dinner, in search for a new Asian dish.

The interesting platter we had was some sort of mix of savouries. I just had to note the beautiful plating which couldn't be captured by B's cam.


Adventure was lost by the time I got to the last page of the menu, so I opted for my usuals: Phad Thai and Avocado shake.

Pad Thai is thought to have been brought to the ancient Thai capital of Ayuthaya by Vietnamese traders – it was first made popular as a national dish by Luang Phibunsongkhram when he was prime minister during the 1930s and 1940s, partly as an element of his campaign for Thai nationalism and centralization, and partly for a campaign to reduce rice consumption in Thailand. - Source


I lost the receipt and was not able to keep track of the prices. But they should be at an affordable > SGD 30 per person.

Later on that night, Bernice and our friend Raslyn, Dust, Lizzie and Vikram headed to Pump Room room for open mic night, where I sang the embarrassing rendition of Dancing Queen.


Renn Thai
3D River Valley Road
#01-05 Clarke Quay
Singapore
Tel: 65 6338 7200

1 comment: