Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Day tour in Corregidor, afternoon cap at Razon's

We took a trip to Corregidor for a day of guns and ruins and some rediscovery of Philippine war history, with a special highlight on the ghost hunting in Malinta tunnel. My pictures in the tunnel were full of orbs, and it was frightening thinking of it THAT way.


soldier's quarters

17 mile range

major destinations circa 1920s

the charming Spanish light house

2000 people died in here...


The summer heat left me dehydrated and hot headed by mid afternoon, so I met Ynez in my favorite halo-halo place, Razon's. Halo-halo was a summer staple, and Razon's had the simplest ingredients that I preferred: saba banana, macapuno, finely crushed ice and leche flan. I also strongly recommend their palabok! Razon's was definitely worth the trip in any part of Manila.


No comments:

Post a Comment