Thursday, August 19, 2010

RestoPino in Maginhawa Street, UP Village

I have heard of RestoPino a few times, it was a good thing that in a dash of randomness, my friend suggested that we try it out. It is situated near the vibrant Maginhawa street, where I find a surge of joy every time I discover something new.

GIANT Margarita for Php 350. I wanted Earth to swallow me when the waiter brought it out. I guess at that point of the day, I was feeling a bit looney, did not read essential menu descriptions and went with a familiar title. Worth it only if you are sharing with 3 people.

Beef Salpicao (always my favourite, so do not ask me to judge whether it is good or bad) for Php 220

Sisig tacos for Php 185. New find! Tastes interesting, but I still prefer my sisig on a sizzling plate.


Fun fact about sisig: It is a Kapampangan dish made of pig's head and liver. The local residents living near Clark Air Base in Angeles City bought unused pig heads from the commissaries of the military camp. Pig heads were purchased cheap since they were not used in the food preparations for the Air Force personnel. They chopped it up, invented this dish, which eventually became a staple for beer drinkers. Haha that's the Filipino for you - walang natatapon.

There are a lot more creative selections in the menu that I'd like to try in the coming days. If you google the restaurant there are some enticing pictures online. Resto Pino also serves wine, caters and holds receptions.


Resto Pino
39 Malingap, Teachers Village
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: 632 44 1773

No comments:

Post a Comment