Friday, August 28, 2009

Villa Bali at Gillman Heights

For Seetha and Kat's farewell party, we had dinner and drinks in Villa Bali (which was right at my backyard and I have not known for a year!). Good food, better open air space that permits maximum merriment (ahem ahem) but the best was the company of great people that went for speech after speech after speech...


The serious addicting chips as appetizers

We were a large group so we ordered by the platter. What they wrote as platter was really PLATTER. That's my hand to contrast the size

Special Indian platter SGD 60
Kachamber salad, samosa, Indian pickles, prawn masala, chicken tikka, Bouna ghost (lamb curry), curry veg, mixed naans and papadam

I love naan. Really. I can eat it by itself.
And there's the delish lamb curry peeking from behind the fork

Thai chef's signature platter at SGD 60
crabmeat fried rice, fish fillet with delicate honey mango sauce, fragrant thai grilled chicken, thai mango salad, stir fried prawns with sabil leaf, fried soft shell crabs with garlic butter sauce and stir fried olive chicken

Balinese seafood platter at SGD 60
Balinese sate lilit, chilly prawns, BBQ squid, Grilled Fish Pepes wrapped in banana leaf, and spicy indonesian fish fingers

Hipon Repulic. TM - WB

Curry and mussels don't mix IMLO but I like mussels so WTH =)

I imagined this fish saying: "Plx don't eat me."


Villa Bali
9A Lock Road
Gillman Village
Singapore
Tel: +65 6473 6763

No comments:

Post a Comment