Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Banana Leaf Apolo in Little India

I asked my Indian colleague how many times she eats in Indian food, and she answered rarely. The same goes for me as a Filipino in a foreign country. Tho admittedly I think it's because of this that every time I have Phil food it's more meaningful and a savour the taste more.

For Friday dinner, the gang brought us to Banana Leaf Apolo in Little India.

Apolo poster boy with the delish warm Plain Naan (SGD 1.6/pc)

Mango lassi at SGD 4.5
Altho it was good, I still prefer PI mangoes.

Murg Walla Dhan at SGD 10

There is a guy that goes around with a silver bowl who gives out your safron rice (SGD 3.5)

Chicken Samosas at SGD 4.5 each

Their signature dish: The Apolo Fish Head Curry
(S/M/L at SGD 20/24/28)
It seemed that every table in the restaurant had this. Or a lot of it did. Imagine how many heads were those

Side dish that comes with the rice

Second side dish that comes with the rice

Palak Paneer at SGD 7. My second fave green dish next to TTR!
(cottage cheese in spinach gravy)

Papadum

Murg Makhni (Butter Chicken) at SGD 9.5

Murg Tikka Masala at SGD 9.5. Boneless chicken pre-baked in tandoor and cooked in spiced gravy

Some collateral damage from the fish head curry war.


Su and I were feeling adventurous and decided to eat the fish eye..


I thought it would be chewy and gooey but it was actually a lot like rubber. In the end I had to take it out because I couldn't chew it so well. Apparently this is what it looks like.


Interesting.


The Banana Leaf Apolo
48 Serangoon Road
#01-32 Little India Arcade
Singapore
Tel: 65 6297 1595

No comments:

Post a Comment