Sunday, October 02, 2011

老北京 Old Beijing

I play badminton regularly during the week, and although I get a lot of cardio, there is no trace in my body that proves this because my body looks nothing close to a svelte physique molded by a lot of running and body stretches. This is most likely due to the fact that after badminton, my friends and I go straight to a nearby restaurant and chow on oil-submerged grub and share pitchers of 啤酒.

The great thing about ordering for the middle table is we get to try different food. Below are some new things I tried in our dinner in Old Beijing restaurant:

蒜汁驴肉 Donkey meat cooked in garlic sauce - RMB 38. 他们告诉了我 donkey meat is popular with females because it gives us better skin. Chow on!

Clover leaves with walnuts for RMB 15. It's a very simple mixture of clover leaves, walnuts and soy sauce, but I can't get enough of it when it rolls along the lazy susan.


卤水鸡蛋拼豆腐 - Brine egg and beancurd for RMB 18



Lao Beijing
West Shuguangli Streets, Chaoyang District
Beijing, China
老北京
北京试,朝阳区,曙光里西

No comments:

Post a Comment