Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chengdu - Land Of The "La Mei" 辣美 (Hot Women)

They say the most beautiful women in China may be found in Chengdu, in Sichuan province. Sichuan is famous for their spices. The women's beauty is first attributed to their steady diet of Chengdu spicy hot pot. The combination of the broth's heat and spice helps their bodies have smooth blood flow, regular bowel movement, and flushed cheeks.

Hotpot from Chengdu. Token clear broth for me, the laowai.



If you have nothing else to burn, you gotta set yourself on fire.
The second thing they attribute their beauty to is the women's constant intake of tofu. They believe that tofu is related to the production of estrogen, which makes their skin more supple and their shape more contoured.

I'm not sure the tofu bit is true, but I eat a lot of tofu anyway. I have a bit of shape, but then I eat a lot of cupcakes, too.



I suppose other factors come into play, like their region is more mountainous so women stretch their legs to climb, thus giving them more shapely ones. They are also located in a warmer part of the country, so it's easier for them to perspire and thus detox through sweat. 

I strongly believe though, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (different women and men have their different markets), and that confidence is key. 

Live healthy, stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment