Monday, February 25, 2013

Metabolic Pumps (4 of 4)

My mom is a health nut, which was ok with me growing up since if we wanted junk food we can just drive out of the house. But now I thank her for making my transition to a healthy life much easier because we've been eating healthy stuff all our lives.

Here's a some of the food lying around in our house all the time, and incorporated in our food preparation. This article is meant to get you started in increasing your metabolic rate. The list is a product of random readings and our lifestyle. 

The last of four posts.

15. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Slice then add to soy sauce and vinegar or sprinkle on top of your viand, or drink whole as a tablet

16. Olive Oil - Healthy monounsaturated fats help burning calories. We use it for anything fried and the lazy breakfast of olive oil-balsamic vinegar-parmesan cheese with bread

17. Ginger - Aids digestion and increases metabolic rate. I best have it as ginger tea or throw it in water when I steam veggies and fish. I drink it mostly because I'm anemic, so a few hours after I drink it, there is a blush in my normally pale lips.

18. Vinegar - Acid from vinegar helps release proteins that break down fat. There's that Patricia Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar diet that had participants drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily for 12 weeks, then had lower body weight. For lazy people like me, I just have it with crushed garlic as the sauce of my fish or chicken.

Stay healthy, be happy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment