Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cantinetta in Burgos Circle

It was a sunny beautiful Tuesday afternoon when two of my friends and I decided to do some food hopping along Burgos Circle. Our first stop was Cantinetta, which served Italian food. I never thought of entering Cantinetta because I felt it was a normal Italian restaurant with normal Italian food. Little did I know that it made a great tasting risotto that dispelled my aversion to rice

Risotto originated from North Italy, where there was an abundance of rice paddies. The dish is made by constant stirring of rice which adding the stock, a process that releases the starch, giving the creamy texture of the rice. I remember making risotto over the summer, using brown rice, chicken stock and white wine. My experiment came out edible provided that sour cream was added.

Seafood Risotto for Php 450


Cantinetta
Forbes Town Center
29 St. Rizal Drive, The Fort
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel: 632 403 5220

No comments:

Post a Comment