Thursday, July 11, 2013

#ThrowbackThursdays: Partying it up in second-grade elementary

March 1995 - my first sleepover out of our house. I was in second grade elementary, and switched schools in the middle of the school year. I had already been part of my class close to five months, but still felt out of place from other eight year-olds who seemed like they knew each other from birth. I was a tall girl thus was placed to sit at the back of the classroom, where my sole seatmate was another tall girl, Macky. All the other kids sat on larger tables of 8 so it was easier for them to build rapport.

Because of our height, separation from the group, and becoming the default pair on most class games, Macky became my best friend that year. On the photo, she is the second girl from the left. This photo was taken at her birthday party, that spilled into a sleepover.


No comments:

Post a Comment