Saturday, August 28, 2010

Grams Diner in Rockwell Info Center

Another mad craving I've had these past few days is the craving for the perfect waffles. I tried looking for it in Antonio's last week, to no avail, so I chose my breakfast date to be in Grams in case they had something that I can try, and there was nada. I think I will end up in Starbucks for their Belgian waffles.

What I had in Grams instead were some addicting pieces of pancakes. They came in small circles, were sweet just right, and I couldn't get enough of it. I just kept on popping it in.

Silver dollar pancakes for Php 65.

Interesting matter on pancakes from Wikipedia:
Archaeological evidence suggests that varieties of pancakes are probably the earliest and most widespread types of cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies whereby dry carbohydrate-rich seed flours mixed with the available protein-rich liquids, usually milk and eggs, were baked on hot stones or in shallow earthenware pots over an open fire to form a nutritious and highly palatable foodstuff.

Ha! I cannot imagine pancakes in stone ovens! Thank god for progress.


Some other items we had

Eggs benedict - two poached eggs served on toasted muffins layered with ham and topped with hollandaise sauce and served with home fries for Php 225. I wasn't a very big fan of this, perhaps because I have tasted the perfection that is in Chateau 1771's eggs benedict

Patriotic breakfast - US beef tapa served with egg and rice for Php 175



Grams Diner
Rockwell Info Center
Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati
Tel: 632 898 2890

3 comments: